Switch to full style
Welcome to the Search & Rescue Dog Forum

Introduce yourself, your dog (if you have one) and your team. Let us know a little about your experience, what you do, where you do it, Maybe add a photo or two too!
Post a reply

Petra from Sweden

Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:24 pm

Hi,

I´m Petra, a newbie in this community [tongue2] , and will give a brief description of myself.

I haven´t been a long time in the SAR world, the first time it caught my interest was about 5 years ago since one of my colleagues had a search and rescue dog. Thanks to my colleague I got the opportunity to attend a few training sessions, and after that I was definately hooked - this was THE THING I wanted to do with my future dog [biggrin] !! I had SAR in mind when I was looking for my future dog and about 4 years ago a little black male labrador(named Atlas) entered my home. I started our SAR-training and on his 2nd birtday he got his SAR-dog-certificate. We are nowadays training with Swedish international USAR-team (Swedish Interational Fast Response Team) and will also soon start our training to hopefully be a part of the search and rescue organisation for missing persons (contracted by the municipal rescue organisation or the police). We have also started a few IPO-R-competitions, among them a 4th place in the Swedish Championship for rubble Search an Rescue dogs.

I am glad I found this community and hope to learn a lot and to get to know a lot of interesting and nice persons. [happy]
Attachments
Petra&Atlas 003 red.jpg
Petra & Atlas

Re: Petra from Sweden

Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:06 pm

Hello Petra welcome and have fun! Sounds like your having a great time over in Sweden. It's always good to see another Lab as a SAR dog we've got to keep the numbers up, Atlas looks lovely. Chat again soon!

Jo

Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:23 pm

Welcome Petra. Interesting to read about you and your dog.

Hope you find the forum useful with any questions or things you may have.

Lou [laugh]

Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:58 pm

Hi Petra,
Welcome to the forum, keep up the good work.

Mandy

Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:10 am

Hello Petra,
welcome to the forum.
Karin

Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:48 pm

Hi Petra and Atlas. Welcome

Sue

Mon May 18, 2015 1:09 pm

Hi,

I realise this is a very old thread, sorry for the revival of something so old. I just had a question for Petra since I moved to Sweden just over a year ago now. I too am interested in Search and Rescue and was wondering what the best way to get involved in this would be in Sweden? For example I was curious what type of training or education I would need in Sweden to take part in Search and Rescue and maybe if you could share what organisation you went to for training in Sweden? :)

I was kinda curious to because I am still learning Swedish, I have basic Swedish skills I guess this could be a problem in Search and Rescue in Sweden not being fluent Swedish? or would it be enough that you are able to help find missing people etc?

I'm grateful for any replies :) until then I will take a look around this site at the posts already made to this sort of question (if there are any) and see what I can find, since I am new here and only just signed up, this is my first post (I found this thread from Petra via google). I will take a good look around the site now for any available info!

Thanks

Tue May 19, 2015 6:17 pm

Deltatash wrote:I just had a question for Petra since I moved to Sweden just over a year ago now

Hi Deltatash - unfortunately, Petra's account has been disabled due to inactivity, so she won't be able to see this post, I'm afraid. We can't help with anything Swedish related but if you have any other questions, please ask, we'd be happy to help if we can.

Wed May 20, 2015 10:24 am

Judith wrote:Hi Deltatash - unfortunately, Petra's account has been disabled due to inactivity, so she won't be able to see this post, I'm afraid. We can't help with anything Swedish related but if you have any other questions, please ask, we'd be happy to help if we can.

Ahh right I see. Well thank you for the reply, I'll be taking a look around the site and see what useful information I can find. Anything I can't find I'll try and ask in the right topic/forum here.

Thanks! :)
Post a reply