training for beginners

An area to talk about general SAR training
Forum rules
Please Read the Forum Rules Before Posting.

training for beginners

Postby shane-uk » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:05 am

just a quick question

firstly thanks mark_n for emailing me a overview of the first 9 sessions of training but my question is :

the first 9 sessions are these 9 weeks in a row ? as in start week 1 say 1st may finish 9 weeks later

the reason i ask this is that in my job i work to a 36 week shift pattern so work different shifts times each week including nights so if this is the case i need to look at booking time off to much sure i can attend the training

p.s mark_n for some reason my hotmail account marked that email "This message looks suspicious to our SmartScreen filters."
shane-uk

Re: training for beginners

Postby SallyM47 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:35 am

Hello Shane

Ideally they would be 9 weeks in a row but when my son and I did ours, it took nearly 4 months (due to interruptions by callouts on training nights, as well as locating and moving to a new HQ) so nothing guaranteed! We did get there in the end (and, fortunately, had nothing else to do on Tuesday nights at the time) so had plenty of practice Mispering in the meantime, when actual 'newbie' training sessions had to be postponed! I'm sure you'll enjoy it all anyway... good luck! [huh]
SallyM47

Re: training for beginners

Postby shane-uk » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:48 am

thank you SallyM47 for your reply

cya soon
shane-uk

Return to SAR Training