June Assesment

An area to talk about general SAR training
Forum rules
Please Read the Forum Rules Before Posting.

June Assesment

Postby Philip E » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:52 pm

I would like to say a big thank you to all involved today.

Espeacialy all the people who misperd and supported for us who did there assesments.

Thank you to Sussex / Kent / ISIS / Berkshire SAR Dogs / and all the assesors and any other teams I may have missed.

In all it was a fantastic day. The weather couldn't have been any better.

Philip
Springer Spaniels don't ever go for walks; they go on their own private hunting expeditions
Philip E

Re: June Assesment

Postby madkath » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:40 pm

Many congratulations to Mark with Pepsi and Phillip who passed their assessments today, what a fantastic achievement!
So pleased for you both!

Thank you to my support Graham who was fantastic and helped me all the way so I could just concentrate on my "pocket rocket" Chi, who was also great, also thank you to Jon Rumbold (who was nearly my support and who calmed me down beforehand with remedy some sort of tablets!) and to Sven, who asked such nice and helpful questions in the briefing, that is was really hard to go wrong (even if you are cr"**** at exams), thanks to the assessors for their time and to Lou for phoning me to see if I was okay after having failed, but mostly thank you to my fantastic dog Chi who did a great search and found all the mispers,but was just extremely scared on the camouflaged, totally covered misper that he found okay (much to the surprise of the misper!!) but being a rescue dog, could not quite understand that this sheet of plastic was not going to hurt him. His owner, (me!), hearing his panic and distress bark out of sight, made the wrong decision to call him back, as she thought he was in some sort of trouble, when in fact he was alerting on a covered misper, even though he was sh**** scared! He has come a long way and I am extremely proud of him. No, if I am honest, I cannot say that I am not disappointed to having failed, but I very much believe in my dog and he did his best for me and in the end that is all that matters.... and hopefully there will always be another chance for Chi to become the Search dog he deserves to be.

Lesson learnt: I will have to practise slowly introducing him to mispers totally covered and to more scarey situations.

Kathrin
madkath

Postby mandy & sakari » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:30 pm

Yes Guys
many congratulations to Mark and Plilip for passing, and hey bad luck to us not ready as Kathrin says lets get some poncho`s and hide in them,
I like Kathrin would like to thank my girl Sakari she was a star but then she always is in my eyes, handler error on my part in a bit of an unknown situation never mind there alway next time. [smile]

I would also like to thank all of the team for the best wishes sent to me and my support Jon R who was great,
Sorry i let you down [sad]

Mandy
mandy & sakari

Postby lou » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:45 pm

Well done to all and nobody let anybody down so stop that right now!! [laugh]
lou

Postby JennyP » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:57 pm

Well done Mark and Phil!

Good luck for next time you guys!

Jenny x
JennyP

Postby niki » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:16 pm

Well done to ALL of you. I know how very hard you worked for these assessments and well I am very proud of all of you.

We do have some ponchos already, they are kept in the stores at HQ
Niki Toogood and Scrumpy
If you ever thought your dog can't count, try putting 3 dog biscuits in your pocket and only giving him 2!!!

http://www.puddyprints.com
niki

Postby madkath » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:22 pm

Do we also have a soldier camouflage tarpauline type sheet......that suddenly moves when approached :?: :lol: :lol:
Very very scarey :!:

Kathrin
madkath

Postby StuartL » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:22 am

madkath wrote:Do we also have a soldier camouflage tarpauline type sheet......that suddenly moves when approached :?: :lol: :lol:
Very very scarey :!:

Kathrin

I can help out here.

Grab me at training tomorrow and we'll arrange a training session.

Stuart
I see dog people
StuartL

Postby suelipscomb » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:28 am

lou wrote:Well done to all and nobody let anybody down so stop that right now!! [laugh]

Absolutely! Mad one, you are a very naughty girl for even thinking that, let alone writing it down.

You were ALL great, even if it was'nt the best day for all.

I, as always loved being with you all Saturday and am so proud to be part of such a brill team.

Love from The tortoise (well we certainly are'nt the hare are we) and Huge xx [biggrin]
suelipscomb

Return to SAR Training